WRITTEN FAA EXAMS
FAA Examination/PSI TRUE TALENT
All Registrations and Scheduling are done online. Go to PSI to register and pay for your examination.
We administer exams normally Monday through Thursday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. All exams must be completed by 5:20 PM.
Please make sure that you have your FTN and your credit card available with you when you start the process. Your FTN must be obtained from the FAA IACRA website, yes even for any kind of exam, Drone, Mechanic, Parachute Rigger...
To register/create an account with PSI and schedule the test you will need to go to this link PSI Exams.
Once you have created an account then Sign In and to schedule the proper test.
- If it is the Private Pilot Airplane search for PAR.
- If Part 107 Commercial Drone test search for UAG.
- For another test search for the specific required test.
On the Exam Data Collection page: See the example below
- Select the number of attempt this is for you, first attempt = 1, etc.
- Select Other unless you attended a Part 141 School
- Select Other Statement or Endorsement of Eligibility for a logbook or paper endorsement from a ground school or online study course.
Select if you need Handicap Accesability Accomodations.
Select the time block that you want. Then click Schedule
Very Self Explanatory
We will get an email when you have paid for the exam.
What to Bring to the Exam
- Your photo ID. Make sure that you use the name you used on your government issued photo ID. A Passport is better than a Drivers License. USE YOUR FULL NAME First Middle and Last Name. One of your IDs must match with all of the names. Do not use a nick name like Jerry for Gerald. If you have a P.O. Box. on your Driver License or you bring only a Passport you MUST bring another document with your PHYSICAL ADDRESS. See the bottom of this page for Acceptable Forms of Address Verification.
- ENDORSEMENT to take the exam: MAKE SURE your endorsement includes specification for what test you’re taking (ie private pilot, instrument) AS WELL as what type of aircraft you’re in (ie airplane, helicopter, etc.) Commercial Drone (Part 107) Initial exam does NOT require an endorsement.
- Photo ID with Current, PERMANENT address (no P.O. Box addresses. If your ID has a PO box on it, please bring another document such as a FAA issued medical or airmen certificate, or a utility bill with your residential address)
- Proof of Citizenship (Birth Certificate or Passport) OR
- If you are NON us Citizen, you MUST have a passport as well as another form of photo ID
- E6B Flight Computer (analog or digital are ok- you may not have the instruction booklet) NOT AN APP ON YOUR SMART PHONE.
- Calculator (If your calculator of choice has a programmable memory, you MUST demonstrate erasing all programmed memory to your proctor prior to testing) NOT AN APP ON YOUR SMART PHONE.
- A well rested, not coffeed out, BRAIN.
Preparation for the Exam
- Make sure that you can do well on the exam by taking an ONLINE or COMPUTER based practice test like:
- There are many more free and for fee practice exams. Take them many times until you are reliably scoring ten to fifteen points higher than you want to pass with. 70% is the minimum passing score.
- If you have waited weeks or months or more after taking a ground school or computer based study course, you will not pass without refreshing your studies and taking several practice tests. We see people fail because they are stale.
- Do not cram all night until 3 am and expect to pass.
NO EXAM CAN BE GIVEN WITHOUT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS PRESENT AT THE START OF THE EXAM:
- CURRENT VALID GOVERNMENT PHOTO ID. See below.
- GOVERNMENT PHOTO ID
- STATE DRIVER LICENSE OR STATE ID CARD WITH YOUR CURRENT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS NOT A P.O. BOX
- PASSPORT, MOST DO NOT HAVE ANY ADDRESS.
- IF YOUR GOVERNMENT ID DOES NOT HAVE YOUR YOUR CURRENT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS; YOU MUST BRING AN ADDRESS VERIFICATION ACCEPTABLE TO THE FAA FROM THE LIST BELOW. NO EXCEPTIONS NO EXCUSES.
If your Airman Certificate (license) or Medical only has a P.O. Box or non residential address it is not valid proof of address. If you do not have proof of Residential Address you will not be allowed to take an exam. Please do not drive here for the test without the correct documents.