FAA EXAMS / PSI CATS TESTING
FAA Examination/PSI CATS Registration
Call 1-844-704-1487 Option 2 to register and pay for your examination.
We administer exams Tuesday through Saturday from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Sunday 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM. All exams must be completed by 5:00 PM.
Have the following handy:
- Your credit card
- Your photo ID. Make sure that you use the name you used on your government issued photo ID. A Passport is better than a Drivers License. USE YOUR FULL NAME First Middle and Last Name. One of your IDs must match with all of the names. Do not use a nick name like Jerry for Gerald. If you have a P.O. Box. on your Driver License or you bring only a Passport you MUST bring another document with your PHYSICAL ADDRESS. See the bottom of this page for Acceptable Forms of Address Verification.
- Your AOPA membership card for a $10 discount
They will ask:
What examination you are going to take: Sport, Private, Instrument, Commercial, CFI, ATP.
What category of aircraft your exam will be for: Airplane, Rotorcraft Helicopter, powered lift, glider, lighter than air Airship or Balloon.
Please verify that your endorsement has the category of aircraft.
What to Bring to the Exam
- ENDORSEMENT to take the exam: MAKE SURE your endorsement includes specification for what test you’re taking (ie private pilot, instrument) AS WELL as what type of aircraft you’re in (ie airplane, helicopter, etc.)
- Photo ID with Current, PERMANENT address (no P.O. Box addresses. If your ID has a PO box on it, please bring another document such as a FAA issued medical or airmen certificate, or a utility bill with your residential address)
- Proof of Citizenship (Birth Certificate or Passport) OR
- If you are NON us Citizen, you MUST have a passport as well as another form of photo ID
- E6B Flight Computer (analog or digital are ok- you may not have the instruction booklet) NOT AN APP ON YOUR SMART PHONE.
- Calculator (If your calculator of choice has a programmable memory, you MUST demonstrate erasing all programmed memory to your proctor prior to testing) NOT AN APP ON YOUR SMART PHONE.
- A well rested, not coffeed out, BRAIN.
Preparation for the Exam
- Make sure that you can do well on the exam by taking an ONLINE or COMPUTER based practice test like:
- There are many more free and for fee practice exams. Take them many times until you are reliably scoring ten to fifteen points higher than you want to pass with. 70% is the minimum passing score.
- If you have waited weeks or months or more after taking a ground school or computer based study course, you will not pass without refreshing your studies and taking several practice tests. We see people fail because they are stale.
- Do not cram all night until 3 am and expect to pass.